Michael Lee, composer
Michael Lee is an active composer and teacher residing in Los Angeles.
Listen to excerpts from Amped, premiered by the USC Thornton Symphony Orchestra led by Donald Crockett.
- 10/27/16 – ‘Unmasked’ for guitar to be performed at noon recital at The LA City College - Cameron O’Connor, guitar
- Michael’s “Farewell…” for string quartet was released this month under the Navano Recording Label - This work is on the BETWEEN THE ECHOES album alongside other exciting contemporary works. PARMA gave me a nice review: “Elsewhere, tradition is gleefully thrown to the wind—such as with Lee’s stunning Farewell… for string quartet, with its ever-shifting rhythms, timbres, and moods.” Got a pretty critical review from infodad.com, but both were constructive. If... Read more »
- Michael’s ‘Come What May’ for Harold Rosenbaum and the New York Virtuoso Singers to be premiered May 20th, 2017 - New music works by up and coming young composers will be premiered at The St. Igntius of Antioch on 87th St. between Broadway and West End Avenue.
- Premiere of “Life” “Unmasked” and “Rag n’Tag” for solo guitar March 2015 - Entire work for solo guitar to be premiered by Cameron O’Conner on March 2015 at a Los Angeles based music festival. Details TBA
- Commission by the New York Virtuoso Singers (premiere Fall 2016) - My opus one for this extraordinarily talented 16 group choir, one of leading choirs in promoting new music in the US.
- Premiere of new works for solo guitarist, Cameron O’Connor - September 18, 2015 live premiere and interview of “Unmasked” on 98.1 King FM, Seattle’s Classical Radio Station; September 25, 2015, CalState Bakersfield, Dore Hall 7:30PM
- 2015 Albany Symphony - Albany Symphony Call for Scores – “Amped (2014)” to be read on May 15th
- Finalist – “Amped” (2014) for Orchestra - Finalist – 2015 ASCAP Morton Gould Young Composers’ Award
- “Farewell…” released on Navona records - Recording of “Farewell…” by members of the Moravian Philharmonic to be distributed by Naxos in 2016.
- April 15th – Pierrot - USC Thornton Edge Ensemble premieres “Pierrot” written for the Edge ensemble and Don Crockett – 7pm, Alfred Newman Recital Hall, USC