Michael Lee, composer
Michael Lee is an active composer and teacher residing in Los Angeles.
Listen to Amped, performed by the Albany Symphony.
Michael Lee on stage at the premiere with the USC Thornton Symphony Orchestra
- Piano Concerto for award winning pianist and Juilliard/USC alumni Hui Wu and Orchestra to be premiered in Fall 2017 more info to come! -
- New York Virtuoso Singers Commission May 20th at 6:30-7:30 (Manhattan, NYC) - My work, Come what may, for guitar (to be performed by Cameron O’Conor) and choir will be premiered and conducted by Maestro Rosenbaum by this exciting group on May 20th at 6:30-7:30 at the St. Ignatius of Antioch, 87th and West End Avenue in the big apple.
- 2017 Hear Now! music Festival - My string quartet Farewell… will be given its west coast premiere by Hear Now! on April 28th, 2017 at 8PM at Throop Hall (300 S. Los Robles Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101). Please come to the Electro-acoustic concert in collaboration with P.I.E on April 29th (8PM) and 30th (5PM) at 815 Venice Blvd. in Venice. Composers... Read more »
- RED NOTE new music festival March 27-30, 2017 composition workshop, performances, and lectures with Sydney Hodkinson - Michael’s new work written for Loadbang will be premiered at this festival hosted by the Illinois State University: Guest Composer: Sydney Hodkinson, distinguished guest composer Guest Artists: Del Sol String Quartet, and loadbang Faculty: Martha Horst, Roy Magnuson, Carl Schimmel Participant Information: Nicholas Landrum, Indiana University Daniel Harrison, University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music... Read more »
- Duo for Sax and Guitar to be premiered by Cameron O’Connor and Erik Steighner on Seattle’s 98.1 FM in February 2017 TBD -
- 10/27/16 – ‘Unmasked’ for guitar to be performed at noon recital at The LA City College - Cameron O’Connor, guitar
- Michael’s “Farewell…” for string quartet was released this month under the Navano Recording Label - This work is on the BETWEEN THE ECHOES album alongside other exciting contemporary works. PARMA gave me a nice review: “Elsewhere, tradition is gleefully thrown to the wind—such as with Lee’s stunning Farewell… for string quartet, with its ever-shifting rhythms, timbres, and moods.” Got a pretty critical review from infodad.com, but both were constructive. If... Read more »
- Michael’s ‘Come What May’ for Harold Rosenbaum and the New York Virtuoso Singers to be premiered May 20th, 2017 - New music works by up and coming young composers will be premiered at The St. Igntius of Antioch on 87th St. between Broadway and West End Avenue.
- Premiere of “Life” “Unmasked” and “Rag n’Tag” for solo guitar March 2015 - Entire work for solo guitar to be premiered by Cameron O’Conner on March 2015 at a Los Angeles based music festival. Details TBA
- Commission by the New York Virtuoso Singers (premiere Fall 2016) - My opus one for this extraordinarily talented 16 group choir, one of leading choirs in promoting new music in the US.