Michael Lee, composer
Michael Lee is an active composer and teacher residing in Los Angeles.
Listen to excerpts from Amped, premiered by the USC Thornton Symphony Orchestra led by Donald Crockett.
- Premiere of “Life” “Unmasked” and “Rag n’Tag” for solo guitar March 2015 - Entire work for solo guitar to be premiered by Cameron O’Conner on March 2015 at a Los Angeles based music festival. Details TBA
- Commission by the New York Virtuoso Singers (premiere Fall 2016) - My opus one for this extraordinarily talented 16 group choir, one of leading choirs in promoting new music in the US.
- Premiere of new works for solo guitarist, Cameron O’Connor - September 18, 2015 live premiere and interview of “Unmasked” on 98.1 King FM, Seattle’s Classical Radio Station; September 25, 2015, CalState Bakersfield, Dore Hall 7:30PM
- 2015 Albany Symphony - Albany Symphony Call for Scores – “Amped (2014)” to be read on May 15th
- Finalist – “Amped” (2014) for Orchestra - Finalist – 2015 ASCAP Morton Gould Young Composers’ Award
- “Farewell…” released on Navona records - Recording of “Farewell…” by members of the Moravian Philharmonic to be distributed by Naxos in 2016.
- April 15th – Pierrot - USC Thornton Edge Ensemble premieres “Pierrot” written for the Edge ensemble and Don Crockett – 7pm, Alfred Newman Recital Hall, USC
- In the Twilight of Those Lonely Souls selected for Music Now Concert - In the Twilight of Those Lonely Souls, was among the works selected for performance on the Music Now concert at the Recital Hall of the Center for Performing and Fine Arts on the campus of Indiana State University. The principal guest composer was the 2009 Pulitzer Prize winner Steve Reich.
- Commission by the Japan-America Institute for New Music - 2014-2015 Commission by the Asian-American Institute for New Music led by Chad Cannon, music to be performed along with other composers in China, Utah, New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, Baltimore.